I am a professional working in the field of Location Based Information. Particularly interested in the application of GIS technology in combination with mobile and web solutions as well as in Open Source GIS. Long experience in the use of GIS (ESRI and Open Source), XML, (Semantic) Webtechnology and teaching.
GIS, Geo, ESRI, Open Source GIS, XML, Semantic Web, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, INSPIRE, Asset Management, Bentley.
- May 2015 - Today
- Bentley Systems - Sr Account Manager Utilities
Taking care after the utilities market in the Benelux. Focus on Asset management, GIS, and CAD solutions.
- November 2007 - May 2015
- Atos NL - Business Consultant / Architect Geo Information
Focusing primarily on the application of Geo technology in markets like Telecom, Utilities, Government, and Financial.
- June 2001 – February 2008
- Groningen University - Associate Professor
Working in the field of both Architectural History and Humanities Computing. Research on the use of digitized historical maps within the field of urban planning history. Particularly interested in the use of Historical GIS, XML-technology, Semantic Web, and 3D visualization of historic townscapes.
- September 1999 – June 2001
- University of Groningen - Lecturer Humanities Computing
Webdesign, XML-technology, Image Processing, Blender / 3D Visualization
- September 1997 – June 2001
- University of Groningen - Lecturer Art and Architectural History
Information technology for art history, Capita Selecta Architectural History 500 - 1850
- September 1993 – August 1997
- University of Groningen - PhD student working on a thesis on Urban Morphology and the application of Geographical Information Systems
My current interests
This website is made by myself, as base for this site I was inspired by the basics from a number of other websites. The site of TheNextWeb has been a great source. For the column lay-out I have used the 12-column grid layout from 960.gs.
"The 960 Grid System is an effort to streamline web development workflow by providing commonly used dimensions, based on a width of 960 pixels." [960.gs]
For the twitter-plugin I make use of the script by Remy Sharp as suggested by Think2Loud. The script of Remy is great, unfortunately it does not show re-tweets.